This post contains affiliate links.
My Chocolate Green Smoothie recipe was one that a good friend of mine passed on to me. This smoothie is what I usually eat drink for breakfast most mornings. The great thing about smoothies is that you can add or take away ingredients and come up with your own taste, but I will share the one I enjoy most in hopes it will be something you may be interested in trying.
Disclaimer: I LOVE this chocolate green smoothie recipe, but after my husband and children tried it they do not like it. Well, I should say no one likes it in my family, but my 17 month old daughter and me. YAY!
They are missing out on a great taste and excellent nutritional benefits too. Maybe one day they will grow to like it! And maybe your family will be brave enough to try it and like it! :)
Chocolate Green Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
In a blender:
* 1 cup of unsweetened Almond milk
* 1-2 cups water, depending on how thick or runny you want the smoothie
* 1 handful of organic spinach leaves
* 1-2 cups of frozen fruit (I like to use the bag of frozen mixed fruit and wild organic blueberries.)
* 1 scoop Whey Protein Isolate: buy HERE from Amazon OR 2 Tbsp plain, nonfat, gluten free Greek yogurt
* 1 Tablespoon of Organic Golden Flax Seed
* 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
* 1-2 scoops of Stevia Natural Sweetener that I buy HERE from Amazon.
* 1 Tablespoon Unsweetened Hershey’s Cocoa
Blend all ingredients together and enjoy! If your blender mixes the ingredients well enough, you will not be able to taste the spinach leaves and the smoothie will be…well, smooth!
It may be a taste you have to get used to, but it really is yummy and tastes like a chocolate shake to me without the guilt and filled with great nutrition!
Do you have a chocolate green smoothie recipe…or any smoothie recipe I need to try? Let me know!
Tracy started blogging in 2010 because she loves sharing her Catholic faith, family and homeschooling journey. Her wonderful husband and 5 blessings keep her on her toes and make life beautiful and busy. When she’s not busy baking cakes for her family or dreaming she had a housekeeper/professional chef or making memories in real life, she enjoys blogging at a Slice of Smith Life. Find her on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+ and Bloglovin’.