Another meatless Friday meal from me to you. This time in the form of glorified canned tuna. But, when you look into the cupboard and see that and a bag of noodles, you know what to do.
Tuna Noodle Casserole
© Robert Lerich / Dollar Photo Club
1 bag egg noodles (healthy: whole wheat)
2 cans drained tuna (healthy: in water)
1 bag frozen broccoli
triple recipe of this cream soup, or buy canned (healthy: plain Greek yogurt)
sleeve of buttery crackers (healthy: try a cracker full of fiber)
3-4 tbsp. melted butter (healthy: olive oil)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F while you boil your noodles
2. When noodles are ready, combine with tuna, broccoli (I just throw it in frozen), and cream soup
3. Put in large casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes (until bubbly)
4. Meanwhile, crumble and combine crackers with butter
5. After baking the 20 minutes, top casserole with cracker mixture and bake 5 more minutes
6. Serve sprinkled with parmesan
And because this is comfort food, you might as well serve with chilled canned peaches (or an apple pie, ahem) and a glass of milk. Might as well.