We are all (hopefully) familiar with the social media highlight reel in comparison to behind the scenes. These insecurities manifest in our work lives, our home lives, our motherhood, and our marriage – among other areas.
And yeah, it’s hyper-important to keep this idea in mind, but what if things are really awesome? I’m not talking all the time, I just mean in general. Like, take Mike for example. I love that dude. And, most of the time, things in our marriage are good if not great.
Imma tell you some reasons I love our marriage with the understanding that we still fight; we still don’t agree on some things; he will never take out the recycling before it is spilling down the stairs; I will never turn his shirts the right way before folding them.
- One time when we were dating, someone told us that we reminded him of Jim and Pam. We took it as the highest compliment.
- We spend most of our waking time together trying to out pun one another.
- Wanna know why I get to go to Edel? Mike got a bonus from work and insisted that I use it for airfare.
- I would say that I probably change about 25% of the diapers when Mike is home.
- Mike has the most impressive conscience. He prides himself on being honest all the time.
- Mike pushes me when he knows I can do better, but he backs off and comforts me when he knows my anxiety is out of my control.
- We follow the “You cook; I clean” rule after dinner.
- After dinner, Mike often sings animal songs for the kids while I take a break.
- We are both fully aware that I will do most of the cooking unless it comes to omelets. I don’t mess with those when there is a master in the house.
- I tell him all my secrets.
What do other women love about their marriages? Find out.
I love these kinds of posts, it sounds like you found yourself a gem. And it sounds like he and my Mike would be great buds in real life. Yay for great guys!!!
Michelle @ needle and nest says
You two are such a cute couple! I think it’s great that you can so easily list so many things that you love about him. My favorite is that he’s so incredibly honest – my hubby is just like that too!
Love this post, Jenna. So great! Thank the Lord for wonderful husbands. We are blessed.
meg pitts says
So fun! I love this linkup! It’s so nice to hear people talking good about marriage!
Country Girl's Daybook says
Jim and Pam. <3
Love that picture of you too. :) Y'all give me hope for the future of Catholic marriage. Storing this one for future reference. ;)
Country Girl’s Daybook: Jesus, Photography, Fashion, & Food
Is this some kind of link up? I want to play! I would also DEFINITELY take the Jim and Pam comment as the highest compliment!! :-D Calvin also gives me breaks and changes diapers, but won’t take the garbage out when I ask him unless I also add, “it’s completely full” or “it’s overflowing” or “it reeks”. I also tell him all my secrets. :) I trust him absolutely.
You and Mike are adorable and I love that little Ellen is there with you guys too. :)
I’m going to find this link up and play along!
I loved Jim & Pam.
This post is all kinds of wonderful. Warm and fuzzy. :)
Emily Barnes says
This post reminds me of one of my favorite songs. Love Like the Movies by the Avett Brothers. I think you might enjoy it.