This is a sponsie, but truth be told, I am in love with Pull Ups, and we use them each and every blessed night. This article is sponsored by Pull-Ups® Full disclosure: this article is financially supported by Pull-Ups® Thanks to Pull-Ups® for sponsoring today’s discussion
Do you know I actually drive a potty wagon? I cart dat froggy around for convenience, my friends. And, while we are all on the topic, I’d love to give you my unsolicited advice on what worked for us. And by “worked” I mean she still occasionally forgets to pull down her pants when she sits on the toilet. But first, a few words about my style de parenting:
I like to wait until the very last minute or until my kid is way past ready to try anything. Why? Because then it’s not a struggle. And we all know in motherhood, the struggle is real. On top of waaaaaaaaiting it out, I love the easiest option that requires me to do pretty much nothing at all. That works for me. Maybe not you. But, we all have different thresholds for “doing stuff,” right? Now,
© Africa Studio / Dollar Photo Club
I can’t take total credit for this “method” we use. Annie is the genius behind it’s main tenants; I just heeded her advice. She’s my mama mentor. Wax on, wax off, Annie.
1. Prepare: wake up one morning and decide that since you’re not doing much that week, let’s give it a go!
2. Put underwear on your kid.
3. Never yell. Have them help clean up. Bribe. Sit them on the potty a lot.
4. Eventually they will get sick of peeing on themselves.
5. If they don’t, try again in a few months.
6. At night, put on the Pull Ups, baby. Worry about night training in a very long time.
Every Kid is Unique. That’s why when you enroll at the Big Kid Academy, you’ll get a personalized “My Pull-Ups®” page with potty training activities and advice customized to your point in the potty training journey.
The Big Kid Academy has a world-class library of potty training tips and advice from parenting experts, medical professionals and our brightest alumni: parents who have been there. Subjects include:
• How to talk to day care providers about potty training
• Solutions for nighttime
• Potty training on the go
• The best clothing for potty training
Get your own Linqia sponsored content here. (affiliate)