Well. The time has come. We are officially moving to Minnesota starting Monday. This is the schedule Mike’s company has given us:
Pack Date(s) 13 Feb 2012-13 Feb 2012
Load Date (s) 14 Feb 2012-14 Feb 2012
Estimated Delivery Spread 16 Feb 2012-20 Feb 2012
Here’s hoping our stuff arrives when we do! We are planning on taking two days to drive out to MN for our sake, and for Ellen’s. 12 hours in the car is a long ride for a baby, so it will be easier to break it up.
We haven’t had to do much to prepare ourselves. We have a moving company doing almost all of the work. Here is what WE have been doing though:
1. Buying disposable diapers so we don’t have to launder cloth diapers on the road
2. Eating bizarre meals in my attempt to clean out the fridge and freezer before we go
3. Visiting all of our doctors for check-ups, cleanings and prescriptions so we don’t have to find replacement doctors as soon as we get there
4. Packing a small amount of clothes and toilet paper for the days will will be without our belongings
5. Researching things to do and groups to join once we are settled
Honestly, even though we are moving in just a couple of days, it hasn’t quite sunk in for me. Maybe it’s because I’m such a creature of habit that I can’t imagine anything else. Who knows?
In order to make the move easier for us, do you have any advice for me? Let me know in the comment section below!