Mike and I are having burgers tonight, but I’m jazzing them up a bit. My affinity for dishes featuring whole, (mostly!) fresh, in-season fruits and veggies increases exponentially when summer begins to arrive. This dish features edamame beans and a twist of lime. We’re planning on topping the burgers with the hummus as well as scooping it with the tortilla chips. Mangos for dessert. Mmmm summer!
14 oz edamame beans
s & p
juice of one lime
1. Boil beans and remove from shells; I gave mine an ice bath afterward to preserve color
2. Add rest of ingredients (minus water) to taste (sorry…that’s how I cook!)
3. Add water as you blend to loosen mixture up to your desired consistency
4. You might have noticed the capers. I added a few for some brine. It’s optional, of course.
Tortilla Chips Ingredients:
1 pkg of tortilla (I used whole wheat)
1. Cut each tortilla into 8 pieces
2. Lightly coat with veg oil (a couple tbs usually works)
3. Sprinkle with rest of ingredients to taste
4. Bake at 350 F for 7 minutes, flip, bake 7 more
Like I said, mmmmmm summer.