I was given a Wantable box in exchange for this review and Dia de los Muertos Makeup Tutorial. Opinions y estilo son mias. Links are affiliate.
What is Wantable?
A makeup subscription service that can be purchased one time only or as a monthly gift.
Dia de los Muertos Makeup Tutorial
Wantable sent me their Halloween makeup box, and they asked me to do a tutorial and review for you. Since I am a big Dia de los Muertos fan, I put together a step-by-step Dia de los Muertos makeup tutorial for you just in time for Halloween and All Souls Day.
Supplies Needed for the Dia de los Muertos Makeup Tutorial
- Wantable Halloween Box (contains Ultimate Eyeshadows in Gold & Very Black, Hollywood Lights Glitz in Oscar & Chorus Line, Tacky Glitter Adhesive, False Lashes, Lash Adhesive, Ultimate Lip Pencil in Ruby, Lipstick Palette Kit in #1 Can Buy Me Love
- Black eye liner pencil (I used Wet n Wild)
- White face makeup (I used Professional Cream Makeup by Fun World)
- Curling iron
- Silk flower(s)
1. Start with a fresh face of makeup. I applied concealer, powder and one coat of mascara.
2. Apply white face makeup to entire face in an even layer.
3. Apply Ultimate Eyeshadow in Very Black to entire area surrounding your eye sockets including your lids. I found that the eye shadows in this box had a very saturated color, and they went on easily when I applied them with my finger. They has a powdery texture, and they didn’t seem to crease. If you can still see pink areas of your lash lines, use the eyeliner pencil to fill those in.
4. Use your eyeliner pencil to create a spiderweb design on your forehead. You could also draw a cross, a rose, a star, a heart or swirls and dots that follow the contours of your face. Of course you can also do a combo of these things too.
5. Use your eyeliner to color the tip of your nose. You can draw connected triangles like I did, or you can fill in the entire tip in a spade-like shape.
6. Next, use the Ultimate Lip Pencil in Ruby to line your lips. I went slightly outside of my natural lip line to create a fuller effect. This lip pencil was smooth and very vivid in color. Then, fill in your lips with a shade from the Lipstick Palette Kit in #1 Can Buy Me Love. Again, just like all of the other products in this kit, these colors are very vibrant on the skin. Touch up your lips with liner to even out the look.
7. Use your eyeliner to draw designs on your cheeks, lips and chin. Swirls, crosses, hearts, “stitched” lips, dots, and flowers work well in these areas. You can even add rhinestones at this point too. When applying eyeliner over your painted lips, make sure to do that step at the very end. Otherwise the red lipstick will get on your black pencil and end up elsewhere on your face.
8. Get out the Tacky Glitter Adhesive and Hollywood Lights Glitz in Oscar & Chorus Line. Dip the brush into the adhesive, and then dip it into the glitter of your choice. Apply the glitter along and around some of the designs you have made on your face. Be sure not to add too much. It is an accent, and when you start adding too much of anything, it takes away from the beauty of your designs. A note on the glitters and adhesives: I was very surprised at how well these two products worked together. I thought it was going to be a hot mess trying to apply the glitter, but it was so easy and mess free. I was honestly shocked and pleased.
9. Stick on your false eyelashes using the directions provided with the false lashes and adhesive.
10. Give your hair some curl and volume with your curling iron. Add a flower or flowers to your hair to finish your look. Muy bueno.
Everything in the Wantable box held up very well. It wasn’t waterproof, so crying at haunted houses and bobbing for apples are out. But it will stay vivid and in place if you don’t mess with it. Eventually and sadly, you will have to wash your face.
To Remove: Rinse your face well with warm water. Wash with your fave soap. Use makeup remover to clean remaining makeup. Wash again. Use a toothbrush to remove lipstick residue. Moisturize face and lips. All of this makeup comes off super easily – and I love that.
Now give it a try and take lots of pics. Then post them to Instagram and tag me in them so I can gawk at your awesomeness. And, don’t forget to order your Wantable Halloween Box here. Maybe you can even come up with your own Dia de los Muertos makeup tutorial.
You’ve just read Dia de los Muertos Makeup Tutorial by Call Her Happy. Leave a comment. Share the love.