I am 100% confident that this is the best recipe I have ever put together. I will bet my tall brown boots on it. And, since we are in the midst of the best season (Fall…duh), I thought I would share this ridiculous masterpiece with you.
4 large apples (peeled and chopped)
1/2 cup water
cinnamon and brown (or white) sugar to taste
pre-made pie crust
butter for brushing
cinnamon sugar for dusting
1. Place apples in saucepan and add water
2. Boil on medium and stir occasionally
3. Add cinnamon and sugar to taste
4. Allow to cool
5. Swirl in caramel to liking
6. Top with crushed pecans
1. Roll out pie dough
2. Cut out shapes for cookies
3. Brush with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
4. Bake until golden brown (15ish minutes)
Scoop the completed sauce with the pie cookies directly into your mouth. It’s like apple pie, but even more fun to eat (if that is even possible).
You’re welcome.What is your favorite way to eat apples in the Fall? Let me know in the comment section below!