I can’t say these are FAQs because the F would be a lie. They are more like rarely asked. But, I’m gonna tell you anyway. Here we go:
1. What is your favorite song to play while you’re working?
I don’t know that I have a favorite single song, but lately the Mumford station on Pandora has been doing it for me. And, at night, I like the Nickel Creek Station. Do yourself a little favor with those.
2. Which book character would you most like to be friends with in real life?
So, I’m going to guess you’ve never heard of this character, but that’s ok. I still like you. I would love to be friends with Julianne Miller from The Homeschool Experiment. DL it.
3. If someone asked you for a random piece of advice, what would you say?
I would say listen to everyone’s advice, and then do what is best for you.
4. Your favorite non-American food (Mexican, Asian, Thai, etc…)?
Thai food. From Tuptim in Ann Arbor, MI. Hands Dizzown.
5. Who is your favorite poet?
I have to be totally honest here. I am a former English teacher who isn’t a huge fan of poetry. It’s just not my thing. When I was younger, I thought Emily Dickinson was pretty cool.
I won’t swim in lakes because of them. Wink.
7. What is the most exciting thing that has happened to you since you started blogging?
I got to go to BlogHer 13 this year. That was pretty dope. I also love meeting Internet people in real life. Don’t worry. I always make sure it’s at night in a back alley.
8. What is your favorite place to read?
I like to read in bed when everyone else is sleeping. Nobody needs me then. I like dat.
9. Which person of the Old Testament do you most admire and why?
Crap. You’re going to make me look like a fool here. Let me Google it, and I’ll be right back. Ok. I’m back. I think I might either go with Samuel (I was reading the Book of Samuel when picking out a name for Sam Bone.) or one of the cool ladies. p.s. I really liked Rachel Held Evan’s book on the women of the OT.
10. Describe your worst kitchen disaster.
This one is gonna be boring because I don’t have anything big. In Mike’s words, “You’ve made some things that were kinda questionable but never anything that was like, ‘Get this out of my mouth!’”
11. What is your favorite thing to cook/bake?
Lately it’s been bread. I just got a bread machine, and I’m in love. I also made some kick A blueberry pie last week. From scratch. You know.
12. If you could invite three people to dinner (living, dead, real or fictional), who would it be?
I would invite my mom’s mom, my mom’s grandmother, and my mom. And, you have to let me invite my daughter too. All of us share the same name, and we have never, or will never, I guess, be in the same room together on earth. It would be so cool. Ooh. I hope I have a dream about that tonight.
13. What is your dream vacation?
One without my kids. I know that sounds terrible, but I really would like to go anywhere with just Mike. It’s not really convenient right now since I am EBF Sam, but one of these days.
14. What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
I throw on some Netflix for Ellen and catch up on things around the house. I know that might sound horrible, but I love being productive.
15. What was your dream job when you were a kid?
I wanted to be the President until I found out that I could be assassinated.
16. Apple or oranges?
Apples in the Fall. Oranges in the Winter.
17. What is your favorite beverage?
Lemonade. And things that sparkle my mouth. Lemonade with sparkling water, I guess.
18. What is something that made you laugh recently?
Ellen. She always makes me laugh.
19. Favorite holiday?
I’m going to go with the masses and say Christmas. But I also love me some Dia de los Muertos and not just because it’s my bday.
20. What book do you most recommend?
Ok, I’m going to link to this twice. I just love it.
21. Beach, city, new culture? Which do you prefer for a weekend getaway?
For a weekend, I like going somewhere like Traverse City, MI. Somewhere quaint with a downtown, water and good food.