You know Shower Season, right?
Every weekend a dearie of yours requires your attendance at a venue where you will eat croissants and fruit salad while sipping punch and playing games. I’m not bitter about it. I had my turn. And, I love when I am forced to socialize – otherwise, um, I don’t do it.
But, here is what I do mind: dressing my bump for all of these events. Not only can it get pricey, but it’s hard to gussy up the fetus.
Here is how I am handling it this year:
1. I am putting vanity aside and buying a couple of staple pieces to wear over and over. This is so not me, but, you know, #firstworldproblems.
2. I am going to switch my staples up with a few statement pieces.
3. I bought separates. So much easier to layer and unlayer when hot flashes strike.
4. I went with fresh, clean colors to make myself feel light and pretty. This is the opposite of how I feel. The power of wardrobe.
5. Bargain Shop: JC Penny, Kohls, TJ Maxx and Nordstrom Rack (where I finally found my duds) have really cute stuff now. And, it’s affordable.
Lisa G says
Jen @ Ginger Guide says
When I had a bump, I shopped thrift shops, Old Navy maternity, and The Rack. Luckily I had a few friends who were months ahead of me in the prego dept so I got lots of dressy things at garage sale prices.
You look super cute, btw :)
Ashley @CenterCutCook says
Oh my gosh, you are adorable pregnant! Love your look!
Oh thank you! :)